Indicators Of Weak Moon
Moon is a significator of mind.
- A disturbed mind and wavering thoughts is a sure shot sign of a weak Moon.
- If there are diseases like depression, anxieties and more then one phobias then also it could be due to a weak or afflicted Moon.
- A weak Moon ensures no motherly love for child due to mother dying or staying away from native.
- Long periods of foreign travels and staying away from motherland for too long and suffering in foreign lands is also a sign of weak Moon.
- Moon creates fluctuation in liquid substance of the body. Harmonal Imbalance, Blood Pressure, Excessive Dehydration, Less Blood then normal are all signs of weak moon.
- If you are allergic to milk and milk products then also it is quite likely that your Moon is weak.
- In a horoscope the placement of Moon along with Saturn or Rahu is a sure shot sign that it is weak unless it occupies a friendly or own sign.
- Moon and Mercury aspecting each other or placement in the same house also spells trouble. Mercury controls the nervous system and association with Moon causes diseases of nerves and sensory input. Sometimes madness and other disease related to mental health also possible due to it. In rare cases Mercury and Moon association does do good and makes an excellent negotiator and marketing genius.
Not A Weak Moon
- Few astrologers believe Sun with Moon is also a negative sign. But it is a decent placement for Moon especially if placement is in a friendly or own sign. Sun is a significator of soul and when the mind and soul are together then your soul's desire and mental thought patterns are on the same wavelength. That is a blessing from God himself. But if worldly desires are your goals then you could try undoing this God given gift.
- Moon+Ketu is similarly scorned as it makes a person recluse and often leads to detachment from worldly desires. But Shree Krishna had Moon+Ketu in 1st house and his Elixir Of Knowledge called Bhagvad Gita is appreciated by everyone with a rational mind. So Moon+Ketu is not that bad. But if wordly desires are your motto then do read the remedies.
Spiritual Remedies For Moon
All remedies for Moon are useless without prayers to Lord Shiva. The simple mantra Om Namah Shivay when spoken slowly and with use of humming effect is enough to remove all doubts and bring clarity in your mind. Once clarity is restored mind can think clearly and rationally. There is absolutely no need to conduct any special poojas for Moon. Moon himself prayed to Shiva at Somnath Temple to remove the curse cast on him by Daksha Prajapati.
If you still want a mantra for Moon below mentioned Chandra Japa Mantra by Ved Vyas and Chandra Gayatri Mantra would suffice
दधिशङ्खतुषाराभं क्षीरोदार्णवसन्निभम् । नमामि शशिनं देवं शम्भोर्मुकुटभूषणम् ॥
DadhishaNkha TushhaaraabhaM KshirodaarNava SaMbhavam |
Namaami ShashinaM SomaM Shambhoor MukuTa BhuushaNam ||
Chandra Gayatri Mantra
Om Kshira puthraya Vidhmahe Amrithathvaya Dheemahe Thanno Chandra Prachodayath .
Laghu Mantra for Chandra is Om Shaum Shhomay Namah
Physical Remedies For Moon
- Pranayam Especially Anulom Vilom, Bramari Pranayam, Sheetali Pranayam and Sheetkari are all good pranayam positions to calm the mind and clear thought patterns.
- Asana like Vrikshasana, Siddhasana, Sukhasana are also beneficial
- A fourty minutes jog or walk in the park, forest or natural surroundings could also do wonders.
Ayurvedic Plants like Ashwagandha also provide relief.
Diet and Fasting For Moon
Fasting on Mondays is a good option for natives with weak Moon. Eating once would be adequate and there is no need to do whole day fast. Consuming Suji Ka Halwa (Semolina Pudding) would be beneficial. It has milk and ghee both of which have high level of potassium. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and also calms the mind. If a native is not allergic to milk and milk products then consumption on Monday is beneficial. If he is allergic to milk and milk products then diet with rice and white beans is also ideal.
Donation Items For Moon
It would serve better if the milk meant to be poured on Shiva Lingam can be given to a poor soul. It is not meant as insult to Shiva as his creation Jiva (Living Person) would benefit from it. Jiva and Shiva are one and the same and if you feed the Jiva you automatically feed Shiva. Also try donating white clothes and rice to other less privileged souls, Try giving Milk and Rotis (Milk and Bread) to dogs or cats. If you are rich enough then try donating White Pearls (Moti) to your relatives especially neice, sister-in-law, sister, brothers wife and other female members in your family. But the most important of all give due respect to others. Sooner or later your Moon would improve for sure.
If you have any queries, suggestions or something to add feel free to comment or email us.
If you wish for a reply use Disqus. Facebook does not notify about comments posted.